If you know anything about television and entertainment, you are well aware of The Walking Dead TV series that has taken the world by storm. Who doesn’t love a good post apocalyptic zombie movie? Try an awesome post apocalyptic TV series instead. The Walking Dead is the first of its kind with ongoing production of sequel episodes, seasons, a rolling on-the-edge-of-your-seat narrative and all the creepy goodness that could be demanded of it.
Comic Art by Tony Moore
A fact that many people seem to be unaware of however, is that the hit TV series is actually based on and inspired by the legendary comic book series by Robert Kirkman, a fantastic graphic novel series that is in itself a milestone in the world of art and entertainment. The Walking Dead comics are an amazing display of comic art and illustration, all done at the hands of the first artist for The Walking Dead comics,Tony Moore.
Tony Moore is reknown worldwide as the artist that conceived the visual birth of The Walking Dead comics, being the first penciler, inker and colorist to work on the graphic novel series as we (should) know it today. Moore is solely responsible for most of the comic art and the very memorable covers created for this series. Tony Moore has been a comic book fanatic since he was a child and knew he wanted to be a comic book illustrator from the beginning. He has worked on many a different comic art, including his first project with Battle Pope. We have showcased for you below some of Tony’s best comic illustrations, mostly comic art from The Walking Dead but including a few other illustrations as well.
A word from the legend himself: My name is Tony Moore. I’m a small-town guy from Kentucky, raised by a pack of wild televisions. I’ve been a fan of comics since before I could read, and have seldom in my life dreamed of becoming anything other than a comicbook illustrator. I’ve been in the business since 1999, when I started work on my maiden voyage, Battle Pope. Since then, I’ve lent my hand to books such as Masters of the Universe, Brit, the Eisner Award-nominated series The Walking Dead, and my new creator-owned books Fear Agent and The Exterminators…my hobbies include watching horror movies, getting fat, sleeping, and “maintaining” this crappy website”.